Launched in September 2017 our fresh new release Petrosys PRO 2017.1 has been well received by clients. Users are appreciating the new functionality offered by the Map Templates which is significantly shortening workflow time and effort in creating maps. Similarly, the improvements made to Petrosys PRO’s connection to DecisionSpace® Geosciences means a faster and more intuitive user experience.
We have now turned our attention to Petrosys PRO 2017.2 and what we can do to continue to develop and progress our software. In 2018 our Mapping Guru users can look forward to a number of notable advancements, highlights of which include;
- Improved DecisionSpace Geosciences (DSG) integration with the addition of the Petrosys Icon in the DSG toolbar, allowing users to launch Petrosys straight from the DSG application with streamlined Petrosys project creation and integration.
- Support for directly accessing and displaying geospatial data from Web Feature Service (WFS) servers. This allows more flexible use of web map services as it uses the vector data behind the map. This will round out our support for Esri® Map Servers beyond the image based (WMS) services we can currently support.
- Surface Modeling workflows will allow certain loops and grouped tasks to be run in parallel for faster processing of workflows.
- Fault sticks generation has been improved using a widening algorithm.
- Volumetrics reports can now be written directly to shape files.
- Enhancements to the Petrel® Plugin for advanced well display options like post well header details along the path and richer annotations.
- Color gradients will have histogram support added. This will allow easier creation of color gradients that match the data and highlight the desired characteristics.
Petrosys are excited about what we have planned in 2018 for Petrosys PRO 2017.2, we have made it our aim to continue to build and improve on the success of PRO 2017.1 ensuring that our clients have the best user experience possible.
For more information contact your local Petrosys office.