Our mapping program is the best on the planet. And we’re making it better every day.
This is a dynamic, ever-changing field. We are committed to providing the world’s most sophisticated and useful E&P software systems to the petroleum industry – always. To that end, as systems, environments, workflows, and technical processes evolve, so does our innovative development program.
Software Release Notes
Browse the latest release notes by selecting one of the links below. On request, Petrosys will be happy to supply composite release notes across a range of product versions.
Releases and Highlights
Petrosys PRO 2020.1.1 (03-Sep-2020)
The Petrosys PRO 2020.1 release offers a range of new features for all our valued users across Connectivity, Mapping, and Surface Modeling. This initial collection of new and enhanced features marks the start of a stream of exciting new functionality to come in the 2020 series – the key highlights of Petrosys PRO 2020.1 are;
Superior Connectivity – Significant enhancements to Petrosys PRO’s already large footprint of 3rd Party Direct Connectivity:
- Connection enhancement to Eliis PaleoScan™ for reading fault sticks and well data building on the recent release of surface and horizon integration support
- Ability to write fault sticks and checkshots to Schlumberger Petrel™ through the Exchange tools
- Enjoy the convenience and ease of use with Drag’n’Drop added to the Well Data Exchange wizard
- A new image/grid direct connect import option makes it simpler to work directly with DEM, BIL, ERDAS, ECW, GeoTIFF, Arc Binary Grid formats in Petrosys PRO
More than mapping – The industry leading Petrosys PRO Mapping simply keeps getting better:
- Directly display PDFs on the map canvas. Great for including archived map content from key project milestones
- Use a new collection of perceptually equal gradients to better visualize surface features and attributes in maps
- Take advantage of your FMI logs in the popular log signature map displays
- The Spatial Editor now supports extraction of map image components directly into grids, surfaces, and attributes
Effective and reliable surface modeling – Continuing to improve the high-quality trusted module our users expect:
- Produce more accurate grid surfaces around fault zones, with the new Clipping Distance feature. This removes erroneous input data within a specified distance of each fault, thereby reducing noise
- Control the Minimum Heave modeled at each fault polygon when using fault sticks to constrain gridding
- Take advantage of Paleoscan Fault sticks and Well Data in your surface modeling workflows
Login to the Client Portal to access the latest release.
dbMap®/Web 2020.1 (07-Jul-2020)
A significant new release, dbMap/Web 2020.1 continues to expand and improve on wells functionality with the introduction of Multi-value (FMI) data in the well log viewer. Key highlights of the release include;
Well Log Viewer Multi-value (FMI)
- The well log viewer has been extended to display multi-value log curves such as FMI data. Users can select the gradient to use when rendering the Multi-value curves.
PLDB – Import Logicom E&P REP Format
- PLDB can now import data from REP exported Excel file format. This can be an easy way to help move your Prospect information into PLDB for managing multiple versions through time or migrating to PLDB.
New Data loaders – Production data and Well Tests
- New data loaders for well monthly production data and well test data with a focus on MDT tests.
Preview SEGY EBCDIC Header
- When viewing SEGY files that have been catalogued in Records Management, users can now press the Preview button to view the EBCDIC header information which is read dynamically from the file.
Preview TIFF Image Files
- When viewing TIFF files that have been catalogued in Records Management it is now possible for users to preview the files directly in the browser without having to first download the file or open in another application.