This post is also available in: Spanish
Petrosys supports a wide range of computing environments. Mapping with Petrosys PRO is a natural way to bring together facts and ideas from a range of disciplines and data sources.
Petrosys PRO’s direct interfaces to many of the specialised applications used by EP professionals ensure that EP teams have better communication more quickly and with lower support and learning overheads than with older or more generic mapping systems.
Petrosys PRO Operating Systems Support
Petrosys PRO supports the following operating systems configurations:
|Windows 10 / Windows Server 2016,2019||Yes5|
|Windows 8 / 8.1 / Windows Server 2012 , 2012R2||Yes5|
|Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008R2||Yes5|
|Windows Vista / Windows Server 2008||Up to 17.82,5|
|Windows Server 2003||No1|
|Windows XP Home/Pro/64||No1|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8||2019.23,5,6,8|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7||17.73,5,6,8|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6||Yes3,5,8|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5||Up to 17.85,7|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4||No4|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3||No|
- Windows XP (Service Pack 2+) and Windows Server 2003 were supported up to Petrosys version 17.3. From version 17.4 these platforms are not supported.
- From Petrosys version 17.4, the 3D Viewer module is not supported on Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008. The minimum supported Windows version for the 3D Viewer is Windows 7/Windows Server 2008R2. Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 require ’Platform Update for Vista/Server 2008’ to be applied via Windows Update.
- Please note that Oracle only certify 11g R2 for RHEL6 and 12c Release 1 for RHEL7. It is strongly recommended you follow Oracle’s platform support guidelines when provisioning a database server on this platform. Note that for Petrosys to run on RHEL6, or above, when connecting to Oracle a number of system packages must be installed, particularly nss-pam-ldapd.
- The 64bit version of the Petrosys application is not supported on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4. Red Enterprise Linux 4 is not supported by the current Petrosys version (17.6). Use version 17.5 or earlier for RHEL4 support.
- From Petrosys version 17.7 onwards, 32bit for both Windows and Linux is no longer supported.
- Petrosys supports RHEL8 from version 2019.2 onwards.
- Petrosys ceased support for RHEL5 from PRO 2017.1
- Oracle Linux in Red Hat compatibility mode is supported. The corresponding version of Centos is supported.
Petrosys Applications Connectivity
Petrosys supports an ever increasing set of import / export interfaces and direct connections to a wide range of EP packages.
Currently Petrosys supports links to the following third-party applications:
|Application||Version||Petrosys PRO Version Supported From|
|2014||17.5sp2 to 2018.3.4||No|
|2013||17.3sp8 to 17.8||No|
|2012 and earlier||No||No|
|Oracle||18c (188.8.131.52)+10 12||17.8sp52||17.8sp52|
|ArcSDE||10.2.2 to 10.5||17.8sp49||17.8sp49|
|9.0 to 9.3||17.0||17.0|
|ArcGIS Desktop||10.7, 10.7.1||No||No|
|10.1||17.2sp8 to 17.8||No|
|10.0sp4||17.0sp3 to 17.8||No|
|9.1 to 9.3||17.0 to 17.8||No|
|DecisionSpace Geosciences||10ep.2 to 10ep.4.03 13||2018.1||2018.1|
|R5000.10.0 to R5000.10.3||17.6sp21||17.6sp2|
|R5000.0.x to R5000.3.x||17.6sp21 to 17.8||17.6sp2 to 17.8|
|4.5||17.0 to 17.8||17.0 to 17.8|
|4.4||17.0 to 17.8||17.0 to 17.8|
|V8.5.2 to V8.8||17.05||No|
|V8.1 to V8.5||17.0||No|
|V9.1 to V9.2||17.8sp1||No|
|IC (ODM)||3.7+, 2016+||17.3sp6||No|
|IHS Info Hub||–||17.0||17.0|
|Paradigm Epos||Paradigm 19||2019.3 (Q2 2020)||2019.3 (Q2 2020)|
|Paradigm 15||17.6sp108 to 17.8||17.6sp10 to 17.8|
|Paradigm 14.1||17.6sp48 to 17.8||17.6sp4 to 17.8|
|Paradigm 14||17.68 to 17.8||17.6 to 17.8|
|Paradigm 2011.3 with Epos 4.1 Data Management||17.48 to 17.8||17.4 to 17.8|
|Paradigm 2011.2 with Epos 4.1 Data Management||No||No6|
|Paradigm 2011.1 with Epos 4.1 Data Management||No||No6|
|Paradigm 2011 with Epos 4.1 Data Management||No||No6|
|Paradigm with Epos 4 Data Management||No||No6|
|FaultSeal FaultRisk||4.3.0 , 4.4.0||No||No|
|4.0 to 4.1.0||17.3||No|
- Petrosys running under Microsoft Windows requires a Petrosys ‘SSH’ communication protocol to be configured to access some OpenWorks/SeisWorks data on a Linux server . From version 17.7, Petrosys is able to natively access Openworks R5000.8+ on Windows.
- Petrosys recommends Oracle Database Server 184.108.40.206 or higher. When running on Redhat Enterprise Linux or above you must ensure that all of Oracle’s system library dependencies are installed, particularly nss-pam-ldapd.
- For Oracle Server version 220.127.116.11, or higher, Petrosys recommends clients consider some known hardware compatibility issues on certain Oracle brand hardware due to a serious bug introduced by Oracle in 18.104.22.168 that breaks Spatial functionality. Refer Oracle Bug 11686843.
- For Oracle Server version 22.214.171.124 Petrosys requires patch set 18470311 & 18328186, or use version 126.96.36.199 or above. Note that as always new versions of Oracle should be tested in non-production environments to verify functionality before being rolled out to production servers.
- If the Auto SQL Server Express option in IHS Kingdom V8.5sp2 and higher is used for a project, it is only possible to connect to it while the project is open in IHS Kingdom.
- ‘Paradigm with Epos 4 Data Management’ was last supported in Petrosys version 17.5sp4 , ‘Paradigm 2011 to 2011.2 with Epos 4.1 Data Management’ were last supported in Petrosys version 17.7sp6.
- DUG Insight version 4.5 has not been tested explicitly. However, it is expected to work at the same level as version 4.
- Paradigm versions older than 15.5 are not supported on Windows 10 or at all from Petrosys PRO 2017.1
- ArcSDE server connection compatibility can be quite complex due to the wide variety of underlying database vendors and versions. Please check with Petrosys support before upgrading your ArcSDE version or database versions.
- Using Oracle 12 and later wallets is supported from version 17.8sp5 and later.
- For GeoGraphix, a 64bit ODBC driver for Sybase is required and it is only possible to connect to a project while it is open in GeoGraphix.
- Oracle 18c is technically supported according to Oracle’s client/server compatibiity matrix, however Petrosys has not yet conducted formal testing against this version of Oracle. Note that as always new versions of Oracle should be tested in non-production environments to verify functionality before being rolled out to production servers.
- Landmark Solutions’ DecisionSpace Geosciences application supported versions depend on the version of OpenWorks being used. For data access via drag and drop see the supported versions of OpenWorks. For the DecisionSpace Geosciences Petrosys installed plugin the supported versions are listed against the DecisionSpace Geosciences line.
See more on Hardware Requirements