The Petrel Mapping Module by Petrosys (PMMbP) brings essential map-making capabilities to your everyday workflows. Putting the industry’s leading, most sophisticated and easy to use sub-surface mapping and editing tools right where you need them – in your Petrel* E&P software platform.
Advanced Presentation-Quality Mapping
View a demonstration of the Petrel Mapping Module by Petrosys in the video below and learn about the product partnership and the benefits of using the module.
Webinar: Petrel Mapping Module by Petrosys
The Petrel Mapping Module by Petrosys brings essential map-making capabilities to your everyday workflows. Putting the industry's leading, most sophisticated and easy to use sub-surface mapping and editing tools right where you need them - in your Petrel* E&P software platform.
Why Industry Leaders Choose Petrel Mapping Module by Petrosys
- Easy-to-create professional presentation-quality maps that communicate key exploration and production knowledge.
- Easily produce maps of your Petrel platform’s data in different Coordinate Projection Systems.
- Advanced mapping styles, controls and tools get the message across efficiently.
- Geologically intuitive contour, polygon and data editing that cleans up artifacts and drives surface changes.
- Time taken to get high-quality maps to decision makers is reduced as key functionality allows geoscience professionals to communicate exploration and development programs clearly from project data.
- Produce high-quality maps for both on-screen and print, provided by best-in-class technology in performance and usability.
The Petrel Mapping Module by Petrosys provides you with everything you need to display exploration, production and geographical data from your Petrel platform projects in the most compelling, relevant and easily understood way.
Standardization of Company Maps
The mapping module by Petrosys is template driven so standard templates for company map layouts, information boxes, legends and title blocks can be set up and shared among all users. This not only makes creating high-quality maps faster for all users, it ensures all output conforms to company standards. The bottom line is that high-quality geological context is communicated to stakeholders more consistently and effectively to drive decisions.
Gain the Petrosys Advantage
Petrosys understands the mapping challenges that oil and gas industry professionals face. The Petrel Mapping Module by Petrosys brings 30 years of independent mapping software specialist functionality to the Petrel platform. The technology and innovative software partnerships employed by Petrosys are committed to enhancing clients’ workflows and delivering business efficiencies.
“Maps are one of the most important tools used to help describe the subsurface. They are the fundamental work product that geoscientists use to present and communicate information.” VP Exploration, Mid-sized European Energy Company
Produce High-Quality Maps
- Produce presentation-quality map outputs
- Generate PDFs, images, scaled print outputs
- Produce high-quality contour maps up to faults with a variety of fault throw symbologies
- Perform map-based contour editing: clean up artifacts or drive changes to the underlying surface
- Project data in different coordinate reference systems (CRSs)
- Gain fine control of fonts, colors and line styles for all map elements
- Thematically map cultural data to highlight trends
- Overpost correction gives professional-quality cartographic output
- Customize legends, title blocks and display elements
- Implement standard corporate map templates, providing common communication themes
- Improve the ease of map submissions
- Multi-layer PDF output: switch layers on/off from your PDF viewer to help with publishing and archiving
Training and Support
Training programs ensure clients are utilizing the technology to the fullest – fostering confident mapping professionals. The Petrel Mapping Module by Petrosys is backed by a world-class global support team, which provides around-the-clock support for client queries.
Learn more about the Petrel E&P software platform at slb.com/petrel.
* Petrel E&P software platform is a mark of Schlumberger.