This 1/2 day introduction to dbMap introduces students to the Petrosys database solution, dbMap. It includes displaying data, using SQL queries and generating reports.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for geoscientists and technical staff who are required to work with dbMap as a data storage facility. The course is an introduction and does not include advanced topics like writing SQL queries, or batch data loading.
Length of Course
There are no prerequisites for this course, but it is beneficial if users have a basic understanding of mapping in Petrosys PRO and understand the different data types associated with oil and gas exploration and production.
During the Introduction to dbMap course the following topics will be covered:
- Introduction to dbMap – What is dbMap and how does it work?
- Displaying data – What types of data are stored in dbMap and how to display them.
- Querying & accessing data – Using pre-written SQL queries to search the database and drilling down through the database to discover the layers of accessible information.
- Creating reports – How to create reports and export them to various formats.
- Basic Import and Export – Using the Spatial Data Translator, and importing/exporting to various other formats including a seismic data file and a well data file.
- Gridding from dbMap – Generating grids from data stored in dbMap.