This 1 day course exposes attendees to areas outside the normal default options while creating typical workflows that will include the following; understanding and using kriging, using stacking velocities, dealing with faults, and assessing different depth conversion methods depending on the data you have.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for geoscientists who are involved in velocity modeling and depth conversion.
Length of Course
The course assumes that users have had exposure to Petrosys, and should have at least attended Getting Started in Petrosys PRO or the Making Better Maps course. The users are expected to have knowledge of the handling of seismic and well data, should be adept at creating simple grids in Petrosys and manipulating display lists (.dbm files).
During the Depth & Velocity Modeling course the following topics will be covered:
- Petrosys depth conversion methods – what data do you have, and which depth conversion technique is appropriate?
- Grid operations – introduction to more advanced gridding techniques like kriging and kriging with external drift
- Faults – understanding the critical role that faults play during gridding and volumetrics
- Velocities – stacking and well velocities, and how to incorporate them into the same velocity model with confidence
- Sampled data editor – viewing and editing the data prior to gridding
- Grid processes – arithmetic operations; tying grids to point/well data; smoothing and other filter operations
- Scripting – learn how to implement scripting in Petrosys which enables you to analyze the effect of changing parameters on your velocity and depth models
Availability and Registration
To check the availability of this course and register to attend, view the public training schedules for your region:
Alternatively, we are now running Virtual Training Courses. Find out when these are being run in your area;